Sensory Time and Relaxation
Some children benefit from sensory time and relaxation at school. This is part of their timetable.
Please see the links below on how to create this at home.
Ideas for a sensory walk.
These are links to teaching mama and youtube - we are not responsible for the content of these sites
Cosmic kids yoga/mindfulness
How to make playdough
You will need:
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup of table salt
- ½ cup warm water
- food colouring
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Pour the coloured water into the flour mix and bring together with a spoon.
3. Dust a work surface with a little flour and turn out the dough. Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth, pliable dough.
4. You can keep the playdough white or break it into small segments and add a few drops of food colouring into the oil. If you want a more intense colour you can work in a few extra drops.
5. Play and enjoy!
6. Store in a plastic sandwich bag (squeeze out the air) in the fridge to keep it fresh.